This looks really impressive!
Fall from Space Demo (Gameboy / Analogue Pocket)
Awake, arise or be for ever fall’n.
Waking with no memory on a strange planet.
Your journey for answers and choices made
will shape the course of history.
Fall from Space is a non-linear open world RPG for the Gameboy,
with an epic story spanning a solar system.
- Jet off to the stars! Multiple worlds to explore inside your Gameboy, with side quests, unique encounters, secrets and upgrades
- Combines Metroidvanian platforming action with an open world RPG
- An original story to uncover with multiple endings, a karma system and choices that impact the world and it's inhabitants around you
- Authentic Gameboy aesthetic, with graphics and art style built within the DMG palette constraints
- Hours of gameplay, save at any time with multiple save slots, unlockables and Gameboy Printer support!
- Designed and developed by a Solo Developer to run on the original Gameboy and an enhanced for the Gameboy Color, GBA and Analogue Pocket
- Original Soundtrack, scored by Beatscribe
Inspired by Paradise Lost and 90s CRPGs such as Fallout 2, Planescape Torment (PC) and Buck Rogers Countdown to Doomsday, it's an RPG with plenty of Gameboy platforming action, a player karma system, side quests, multiple endings, a brand new soundtrack and large non-linear maps filled with secrets.
Developed in my free time, my second game takes what I learned on my first project (Tales of Monsterland) and expands it using the huge possibilities that the latest version of the GB Studio (3.x) tooling has opened up to make a big, unique and memorable open world game for the Nintendo Gameboy, in a type of RPG not common to the device.
Download the demo now for a taster and to explore the full planet of Pandæmonium, follow for future updates and announcements (and I'd love any feedback), here and on my social media accounts www.twitter.com/joeljgames and http://instagram.com/joeljgames/. There's an email subscription list too, but this will reserved for major announcements and I'm not planning on using very often.
Note: This isn't a Gameboy style game, it's an original game built within the limitations of and designed to run on original hardware and the Analogue Pocket.
^ The Main Theme from the rad OST by BeatScribe, more coming soon.
(B) Strike / ability
(↑) Roll towards
(↓) Roll back
[select] Toggle ability
[start] In game menus
(B) + (↓) Drop down through platform
(↑) Enter/examine (context dependant)
(A) Talk / examine / interact
[start] In game menus
[select] Toggle move & map
(A) Examine location (map)
[start] In game menus
Enemies often telegraph their attack, roll back to avoid a close combat attack.
Roll forwards to duck under enemy projectiles.
Original story, all artwork and development by myself.
Thanks to (this list will grow no doubt) – Rulz, Toxa, Bryan Rollins and all the other champs in GB Studio Discord who are always generous with their time for scripting questions. Gumpy Function for feedback and GBS Central articles on game design.
Chris Maltby for GB Studio, Pautomas, for scripting help, key plugins and for GB Studio, Hauntology for platforming engine mods/plugin.
There's an Original Soundtrack from Beatscribe, the excellent Fall from Space titles and Junkton theme.
SFX by Coffee 'Valen' Bat.
Anyone who’s shared, liked or just given feedback about my games, it really means a lot and I appreciate the support.
|Updated||14 days ago|
|Author||Joel J Games|
|Genre||Role Playing, Platformer|
|Made with||GB Studio, Aseprite, Pyxel Edit|
|Tags||analogue-pocket, Game Boy, gameboy-color, Game Boy ROM, gb-studio, gbstudio, Metroidvania, Post-apocalyptic|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Gamepad (any)|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Fall from Space Beta Demo – v0.41 update, now with added OG GB.16 days ago
- Fall from Space Beta Demo – v0.4 update, menus, printers & music player.24 days ago
- FfS Beta Demo – v0.39 update, mini game added44 days ago
- Fall from Space Demo, bug fix and minor updates46 days ago
- Fall from Space Beta, demo released48 days ago
- Fall from Space Alpha demo v0.33 & mini update69 days ago
- Fall from Space OST announcementJun 14, 2023
- Fall from Space (alpha) demo v0.31Apr 13, 2023
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
really good! is the full version being released soon?
Thank you! It’s still in development, as it’s a very big game in scope, so while the full demo will arrive this year I think completion right now is looking most likely sometime in 2024.
I am really interested in this game. I like it a lot.
This looks amazing. I can't wait to play it.
looks fucking sick can't wait!
Oooo loooove the look of this